THE WOODLANDS, Texas -- TCU junior Annika Clark carded a career-low 68 and tied a school record with a 54-hole score of 210 to lead the Horned Frogs to a seventh-place finish after Tuesday's final round of the Jim West Challenge.
TCU's 54-hole 865 tied for third-best in program history, six strokes behind a record 859 at the 2008 Las Vegas Collegiate Showdown. The Horned Frogs' 287 tied for their sixth-best round.
HORNED FROG OF THE DAY
Clark's 3 under par bettered her previous career-best 69 set on three occasions. The junior from Highlands, Texas, birdied four of her opening eight holes and finished with a team-best five birdies on the day. She tied for 12th with her career low 3-under 210.
"I felt solid both days, but today I was definitely putting the ball a lot better," Clark said. "I dropped a few lengthy putts, which is always a confidence booster. My ball striking was spot on both days. I'm super excited that I got to start my season this way!"
HORNED FROGS WATCH
* Emmy Martin posted her second below-par round of the tournament with a 1-under 70. She totaled three birdies and shot par on 13 holes. The senior from Odessa, Fla., tied for 20th with an even-par 213. It was the 12th top-20 result of Martin’s career.
* Freshman Grace Do, in her first collegiate tournament, finished at 8-over 221. Her final-round 75 included a pair of birdies.
* Brooke McDougald, playing in her hometown of The Woodlands, also totaled a 221. She shot a 74 with a birdie and 13 pars.
* Tiffany Breitenwischer totaled three birdies Tuesday, including back-to-back holes on 15 and 16.
TCU returns to action Sept. 25 at the Golfweek Conference Challenge in Vail, Colo.
1. Duke - 269-273-277=819
2. Oklahoma - 279-277-285=841
3. Texas Tech - 279-280-283=842
4. Kent State - 275-293-276=844
5. Texas A&M - 280-291-280=851
6. Missouri - 282-291-281=854
7. TCU - 288-290-287=865
8. UTSA - 292-287-287=866
9. Augusta - 300-287-288=875
10. UNC Greensboro - 287-298-291=876
11. Southern Miss - 292-302-286=880
12. Tulsa - 296-298-295=889
13. Texas State - 304-301-299=902