FORT WORTH, Texas -- The TCU women’s golf team opens its 2017-18 campaign Monday, when it begins play at the Jim West Challenge in The Woodlands, Texas.
The tournament is being held at the par 72, 6,137-yard Fazio Course at The Club at Carlton Woods. TCU is playing at the Jim West Challenge for the second straight year.
In final-round play last year, Annika Clark equaled a career-low round with a 69. She recorded three consecutive birdies and five in a six-hole stretch. The Highlands, Texas, native finished at 1-over 217 for the second best 54-hole score of her career.
Emmy Martin totaled five final-round birdies in finishing at 1-under 215, the second-best score of her career. She tied for 20th individually.
In addition to TCU, the 14-team field includes Augusta, Duke, Kent State, Missouri, UNC Greensboro, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Southern Miss, Texas A&M, Texas State, UTSA, Texas Tech and Tulsa.
The teams will play 36 holes Monday, beginning with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Tuesday’s final round will also include an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start.
How to Follow
Live scoring is available at Golfstat.com.
“We are so ready to begin tournament play,” TCU head women’s golf coach Angie Ravaioli-Larkin said. “We’ve had a great two weeks of practice, workouts and mental training. We’re really excited to get started and have fun with our journey.”
Noting the Horned Frogs
* Emmy Martin earned All-Big 12 honors last year as she set a TCU season record with a 72.9 stroke average. She had seven consecutive top-13 finishes, including three in the top 10, as part of eight top-20 results on the year. Her 13 rounds of par or better were one shy of a TCU mark. The senior from Odessa, Fla., had a team-best 81 birdies on the year.
* Annika Clark’s 74.6 career stroke average is a TCU record for players who have completed at least two years in the program. Her 74.3 mark in 2016-17 placed eighth for a season in TCU history. The junior from Highlands, Texas, was named to the 2017 Big 12 All-Tournament Team after tying for seventh with a 5-over-par 221.
* Brooke McDougald will be playing in her hometown of The Woodlands, Texas. The 2017 First-Team Academic All-Big 12 selection saw action in nine of 11 tournaments last season.
* Tiffany Breitenwischer played in the final three tournaments last season. The senior from Coppell, Texas, carded a career-low 73 in the final round of the NCAA Regional.
* Grace Do, the lone freshman in the lineup, will be making her collegiate debut. Like Breitenwischer, she is a graduate of Coppell High School.